The Joy of Jamming
You need a subscription to access this page.
This page can only be accessed by subscribers to the Beginner Guitar and higher tiers. Subscribe now to get access.
Learn how to play guitar.
VIDEO GUITAR LESSONS
with Chris Colby.
Absolute Beginners are WELCOME!
Even if you don't know the first thing about the guitar, you will be carefully and patiently guided through your first steps.
Beginner Lessons Include:
- Music terminology
- Structured Course and Sequential Lessons
- Foundation Lessons apply to Genres and Styles: rock, pop, country, blues, funk, soul, RnB, Christian, Praise & Worship, children's, jazz, folk, Americana, acoustic, bluegrass, ambient, metal, punk, hard & classic rock)
- Accompanied Learning
- Supplemental Materials (standard notation, charts, and TAB)
- Play-along Practice & Song Videos
- Hands-on Learning
HOW IT WORKS
Learn something new.
Chris explains and demonstrates what to do.
Play what you learn.
Play what you learned by practicing alongside Chris - your friendly guide - through a set of sequential videos.
Jam along with Chris.
Put your new skills to use by playing songs and participating in jams - real-world-live-playing scenarios.
- Susquehanna University - B.A. Music Performance (cum laude)
- Musician's Institute - Hollywood, CA - Advanced Studies
- Berklee College of Music - Boston, MA - Summer Sessions - Advanced Placement
- Pre-K Music classes for children ages 2-5 attending child care centers - also after-school programs for 6-13
- Presenter and Lecturer at PennAEYC and NAEYC Conferences
- Private guitar instruction 20+ years
- Lebanon Valley College - Community Music Institute
- 4x GRAMMY Consideration for 63rd Grammy Awards for the latest album ('Chris Colby - II' / 2020)
- Original recordings placed in Disney's Television Series "Hollywood Lives"
- Musicians who appear on Chris' recordings: Robin Diaz (Drummer - Train, O.A.R., Daughtry, Live, KISS, Danzig, Bauhaus/Peter Murphy); Jamey Haddad (Percussion - Paul Simon, Paul Winter Consort); Clyde Lucas (Drummer - Ray Charles, Ruth Brown, Illinois Jacquet)
- Notable Colleagues: Steve Fallone (Sterling Sound Mastering - David Byrne, John Mayer, Arcade Fire); Rick Coberly (Live Aid, Genesis, Yes, Madonna, Micheal Jackson Thriller Tour, Talking Heads, The Eagles); Paul Wickliffe (Producer / Owner Skyline Recording Studios New York, NY - David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Nile Rogers, Madonna); Al Gomes (Big Noise - Christina Aguilera, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chicago, The Beach Boys)
- CCO Yallafan: writer, producer, engineer - Rousaida Attieh (music video award), Aline Lahoud, DJ Osane
- Professional Musician 25+ years: Recording Artist, Songwriter & Live Performance
- Producer, Recording & Mixing Engineer for many artists and bands - notably Jay Umble's 'Spirit Crossing'
- You are the Bob Ross of Music.
- ...and you brighten up every room you walk in...
- Yeah...at my school, we all call you the Guitar Lesson Guru
- Thank you for all you have done for my son...he really looks forward to his lessons every week.
- I wish all music teachers were like you. You actually make music fun.
- ...you are inclusive...
- ...Chris Colby...he taught me everything I know.
Hands-on. Encouraging. Engaging. Fun.
No hassle cancellation: Cancel your subscription anytime.
Please Note: Although many of the same concepts apply, Traditional Classical and Flamenco guitar styles are not covered specifically in these Beginner Lessons. If names like Andres Segovia, Paco de Lucia, Julian Bream, Fernando Sor are familiar to you, and you wish to pursue these styles of playing, please get in touch. That said, you are still welcome to begin your journey here.
The path is set, the journey is yours.